Solar Project Developer
This is a full-time position within our Dutch team, to support the development of large-scale ground-mounted solar PV projects.
- Proactively and autonomously develop large scale solar PV projects
- Establish relationships with stakeholders such as landowners, project developers, local energy cooperatives, municipalities, spatial planners and other advisers, suppliers etc.
- Liaise with our Grid Specialist to identify areas with power offtake capacity to enable grid connection for our large-scale solar PV projects
- Liaise with spatial planners and other advisers to prepare permit applications
- Secure planning permissions and licenses from relevant authorities as well as permits from any relevant stakeholders required to develop the facilities at the land positions for construction and operation of the projects
- Liaise with third party stakeholders such as energy cooperations and municipalities to establish local community engagement
- Coordinate project specifics with financial and technical colleagues
- Apply for relevant subsidies
- Help to build a body of knowledge and continually drive the evolution of best practice to deliver a competitive edge
- Create relationships within the renewable energy sector with a view to acquire suitable projects at various stages of development
- Report to senior management
- Create and monitor development budget and programs
- Report project status, progress, timeline, quality, feasibility, project risks and budgets to senior management and the Company
- An energetic developer who will chase opportunities relentlessly and generate momentum on even the most complex of projects
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of expertise
- Proven track record in project development, preferably with large-scale ground-mounted solar PV projects
- Affinity with technical and financial feasibility of projects and an understanding of key factors required to develop a viable project
- A good understanding of the transmission and distribution networks and the relevant grid connection application processes
- A good understanding of the relevant planning processes
- Strong negotiation, influencing, and commercial skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Flexible, creative and entrepreneurial, positive attitude, ability to perform under pressure
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Attention to detail
- Spoken and written fluency in Dutch and English in word and writing.
- IT literacy and familiarity with Microsoft applications including Teams, SharePoint, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, in addition to GIS mapping tools such as Google Earth
- Driving license and willingness to travel on a regular basis within The Netherlands and abroad
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- An active environment in a fast growing market
- Great opportunities for growth within an international and dynamic organization
- Balance of independence and team work
- Hybrid working environment. Flexibility to work in Utrecht and/or Maastricht office
AMPYR Solar Europe (ASE) was created in 2021 through the merger of NaGa Solar with the existing Ampyr Energy UK solar joint venture between AGP Group and Hartree Partners. Recently ASE has acquired Utrecht based SolarEnergyWorks and its team to strengthen its position in the Dutch market. SolarEnergyWorks has been developing solar parks throughout the Netherlands since 2012. In recent years, several large and high-profile solar parks have been completed, with more than 200 hectares of solar parks connected to the grid.
The merger and acquisition created a major European Solar Enterprise with a combined pipeline of over 5GW of large-scale ground-mount and rooftop solar projects in the UK, Germany and the Netherlands and a team of over 60 experienced renewable development professionals.
The ASE team has recently secured a €400 million facility with CarVal Investors to support their plans to bring over 2GW of solar power capacity into operation by 2025 of which 500 MWp in NL. It is an exciting time in the evolution of the business, and we are looking for energetic, committed people to help us deliver our vision and help to decarbonise the European electricity market.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and personal motivation letter to Francine Franssen (email@example.com); don’t hesitate to contact her for more information.